Saturday, January 16, 2010

Scrumptious Saturday

Good morning everybody. We survived the flood and I'm not seeing any additional water so hopefully the Ark has landed.
Today is my tidying up day and I'm planning on doing some cooking as well... Cool weather turns me into a chef/Betty Crocker.

Today on the menu... Crockpot Lasagna, Hamburger Soup, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip/Cranberry cookies.

Crockpot lasagna is simple, just layer your ingredients into the crockpot and let it cook on low until done.... simply done.
Hamburger soup -- I brown 2 lbs of hamburger or turkey burger with 1 packet of lipton onion soup mix. (1lb for soup, 1lb for lasagna). In a large soup pot I add about 2 quarts of stock (veggie,beef or chicken) and add to that the hamburger, frozen peas/corn, can of carrots (or frozen or fresh) and let it simmer until frozen veggies are unfrozen. While simmering, add egg noodles ( I use PA Dutch ones because they are local and skinny) and simmer until they are done.... This soup goes fast in my house so I make a HUGE pot and adjust as I have ingredients.

Oatmeal cookies are as follows:
take the top off the oatmeal container... turn over.... use the recipe there and substitute the raisins with 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
These are delicious.... I did cut the sugar down in these by subbing the white sugar in it for applesauce.. make its a bit healthier.

Thats my cooking for today... Enjoy

Be Blessed.
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment