Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to my House

My sister and I were texting this afternoon back and forth. She was sharing pics of her new apartment and I told her I wished she could come see my house.... so her response was... Text them to me!!


Soooo I went around and took a few pics downstairs. Now I have to qualify these with ... the house is in a constant state of disaster... 2 kids, 4 pets and mama and daddy who work full time... but here goes.

This is one part of our "blue room" a formal living room... we have 2 rooms downstairs that are just huge... this is looking in the left of one doorway. There are 2 doors into the room. See the 6 ft tall windows? The bottom part opens. You can just see the fireplace (non working but we hope to put a gas insert in it) in the right of the pic... just the corner...

Here is my living room... opposite of the blue room, separated by the hallway... the 8 foot windows here as well and the ceiling in both rooms are 12 or 14 ft. We have a litte stove that looks like a shadow on the left.. we need to have it inspected to see if it is usable.... There is fireplace mantle on the left behind the stove... lots of pottery/antiques on there. I posted a few pics of that quite a while ago...
Dining room is next... table is pushed to the other side of the room as you can see... the door on the right goes into the hall for the blue room. The white door goes to the basement and the door on the left goes to the living room... Somebody please save me from the pink on the walls... ughhhhh

And last on this trip... the kitchen... small gally ish... with gray cabinets and ugly wallpaper.... sorry its a mess... just finished whipping up some food.... this is the room I want to redo first.... white cabinets with a barn red on the walls above the white beadboard.... so we shall see!!

Thats most of downstairs... didnt take you in the laundy, or the outporch room... maybe next time...
The house is 111 years old... built in 1900... In pretty darn good shape for her age....

thats it for now...
Hugs
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment