Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Farm Show Week

Here in central PA, its now Farm Show week. A very packed week of lots of people, food and farm animals. Today we decided to venture there with the kids and had a great time. I ate a powedered potato donut, 1/2 a milkshake, fried cheese cube and a fried mushroom. Now not the most nutritionous (is that a word?) and Im certain lots of folks broke their New Years resolutions but this is the Only time of the year I have milkshake and verrrrrrryyyyyy few times throughout the year do I have a donut or something deep fried.

But let me tell ya... it was YUMMMMYYYYY....

Also this weekend I was a busy bee making egg rolls Thanks to my wonderful mother in law I have taken her recipe and made it our own.. now again,  not the lowest calorie choices but I bet you could brush with egg wash and bake them and it would be just as good... so here we go...
8 oz mozerella cheese
2 - 16 oz bags of frozen veggies (carrots, brocolli, califlower, corn etc)
1 to 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey or beef
rice ( I use about 6 cups cooked)
I microwave my veggies while browning my turkey. i have my rice already cooked and ready to go.
I do season my meat/rice with adobo or any other spices you like.

I use a mini chopper to mince my veggies and mix all of the above together.
I take bout 2 tablespoons per eggroll wrapper and roll and seal.
I then take them and deep fry them in a frying pan on the stove until golden brown . This make about 40-45 egg rollls
The whole family loves these and except for the deep frying part are really healthy and great for those non veggie eaters.
So thats what I did this weekend.... I hear we are getting snow this week... happens quite often with Farm Show week... but I guess we are due.
Stay warm all....
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment